Oct 28, 2009

Small town fears.

Yesterday, I was wasting time, and chatting away my life with a few past friends and co-workers long lost to time. As is always the case, they asked what I am doing with myself these days. I tell em how I am looking for the 9-5, and in the mean time, doing as much writing as I can get in with my limited ability at the craft. At this they always ask what I am writing and the same answer always comes about. I tell em I’m working on a couple of novels and I am working on a work of political ethics/philosophy that I am very proud of. They press to know more... As per the usual, I tell them more of the specifics and, usually, they become more intrigued. Not this time!

As soon as I mention the occult (nothing more than the simple use of the word) and they suddenly disappear and I get a message telling me I am no longer able to converse with this person through facebook. No issue to me. I never really had any significant conversations with her before, anyways. So, I thought nothing of it.


But, then - I get a threatening e-mail from her husband. (Whom I have never talked with in the whole of my life.) He told me to never contact her again and that there was no way I could have known her in real life. (I worked at the same place she did for YEARS...) My only response was to the e-mail was the only 1 I saw to be correct to the situation, “The only one doing/saying anything threatening is you. And if you ever do it again I will go to a higher power source.” Thankfully I did not hear from him again, but it sure helped me to remember why I am taking the time to write what I am; maybe it will have an impact and help to get rid of that kind of fear and open hatred. Maybe not, but I will have done what I could with what I saw as the best way to get it done. (More on that later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment