Sep 20, 2009

Vector Marketing's Lack of Ethics.

To whom it may concern (Vector Marketing in Independence);
I type this letter to you heavy of heart and in a state of desire to alleviate my agitations. I do not know if you are familiar with the works of Immanuel Kant; but being a college student should have given you a plethora of information concerning his writings and ideas surrounding Ethics. Please read Pages 209-215 of Eastman’s Coming of Age of Philosophy. This is an essay that comes from his Fundamental Principles of the Metaphysics of Morals entitled “The Good Will”.

Do not read further until the reading is completed.



As you have read the dedication to duty only goes as far as the preservation of life is concerned. Once life is endangered duty changes from vocation, unless the vocation is the preservation of life, into being the preservation of life and/or comfort especially in regards to loved ones.

When my wife was at home bleeding to an extent I have only seen in film one could only hope that any vocation would only care for the welfare of its employees and those of the closest kind to these people. Instead you only cared about the numbers who were at your training seminar. This seems very counter to any employer that says that it prides itself in and on ethics.

My wife really needed to go back to the hospital while I was at the training. Just before I left her she had lost sooo much blood that she was unable to stand. I actually had to catch her from falling merely a few minutes before I called you to ask to reschedule my training.

The whole time I was at training all I could think is that no job on earth would mean anything to me if my wife bleeds to death while I am away from her. The whole time I found my heart beating harder and faster than at any other point in my life. Then, when I shot her a message and a reply did not come I found myself infuriated with you. How could you expect me to leave some one during a health crisis? The only thing I could see was how I had failed in my dedication to duty. I was sure I’d find my wife dead, for when I left her she was not even able to hold her own body temperature because of blood loss. I also found out, upon return, that she had been loosing blood at a rate that warranted her return to the emergency room and that while I was gone she passed a dead child without ANY one there for moral support. Can you imagine having something you had carried, and wanted nothing more than to be the caregiver for; leave your body dead with out any one to comfort you in any way? Please consider what you request of people.
Tim Pafford

No comments:

Post a Comment