Sep 20, 2009

To Serve and Protect.

To serve and protect. That is the job of law enforcement. It is on their badges and they swear to this when they take the job. Before the court of law and every one in attendance they say that they will serve and protect. But how is this the case when they inflict harm onto a citizen?
When one is unconscious and the authorities have been called in for assistance to help the unconscious person they should not handcuff him. How is this ethical or sane to restrain some one who is unconscious? Then proceed to hit him and abuse him in “attempts to awaken him??” Slamming some one who is unconscious against the floor while they are in handcuffs should be the last thing that is done to them. If the ‘authority’ who is there to serve and protect if further inflicting harm onto some one who is of no threat and can not resist or defend themselves they are not doing what they are called to do.

This gross act of misconduct was inflicted upon me several years ago by the Warrensburg police department. If you have been reading my blogs regularly you read “Isn't it strange how some 1 you know can have such a great impact on you....?” I stated in that blog that there was more to that story. Well here it is.

My wife found me on the floor. I was hardly breathing and lying in a pool of my own vomit. She tried to roust me and when she could not she tried to carry me. When she was unable to do either one of these things she called 9-11 for assistance. They told her to leave. She believed that dispatch knew what they were doing and her being outside could help to signal the emergency vehicles.

Once they arrived the police went in to our apartment and did not allow her to come in. A long time later they called in an ambulance and then assisted me to medical assistance. Even after my arrival to the emergency room she was not allowed to see me until she threatened to barge into where I was with or with out their permission.

If you are near Warrensburg and in need of assistance please keep this story forever in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment